4th Sep 2017
Art of Work will be running various courses and seminars in the UK, Ireland, Netherlands and Belgium, designed for Safety Professionals and Business Leaders to enable a Safety Differently approach to take hold within the industry.
Traditionally, health and safety has been about eliminating unwanted outcomes, such as injuries, incidents, and illnesses, it has been about avoiding variance and controlling people through procedure and, when it has gone wrong, has often blamed those very people who are exposed to the risk.
At Art of Work, we understand that people are not a problem to control with more compliance, demands and constraints. We believe that people are the solution with expertise and resilience and with valuable knowledge which must be harnessed. We are about setting people and organisations up for success.
Our philosophy aims to increase successful outcomes across varying conditions by engaging and upskilling people at all levels of an organisation to identify opportunities, strategies, and ideas that will improve the way work is done, and enable organisations to reach their business and safety objectives.
Are you keen to develop an awareness of Safety Differently? Or perhaps you would like to learn how to implement the Safety Differently philosophy? For those seasoned professionals in the Safety Differently space, maybe a seminar with Sidney Dekker is more up your street?
Starting in September with an introduction to Safety Differently, John Green and Helen Rawlinson will present at our Safety Breakfast Innovation Roadshow.
Providing a space to build knowledge of the Safety Differently philosophy in practice, Masterclasses are available on Appreciative Investigations and Enabling Leadership throughout October and December. They will be presented by Art of Work's directors Marc McLaren, Daniel Hummerdal and Helen Rawlinson.
Also in December we have Sidney Dekker over to deliver a couple of seminars, on Just Culture and Safety Differently.
SAFETY INNOVATION BREAKFAST ROADSHOWS:
- Sept 25, 2017 - London, UK, presented by Helen Rawlinson and John Green
- Sept 26, 2017 - Manchester, UK, presented by Helen Rawlinson and John Green
- Oct 02, 2017 - Dublin, Ireland, presented by Helen Rawlinson and John Green
- Oct 03, 2017 - London, UK, presented by Helen Rawlinson and John Green
MASTER CLASSES: Appreciative Investigations, Enabling Leadership, Safety Differently
- Oct 06, 2017 - London, UK, presented by Helen Rawlinson
- Dec 14, 2017 - London, UK, presented by Marc McLaren
- Dec 15, 2017 - London, UK, presented by Marc McLaren, Daniel Hummerdal, Helen Rawlinson
SEMINARS: SAFETY DIFFERENTLY, RESTORATIVE JUST CULTURE, presented by Sidney Dekker
- Dec 12, 2017 - London, UK
- Dec 13, 2017 - London, UK
- Jan 29, 2018 - Utrecht, Netherlands
- Jan 30, 2018 - Brussels, Belgium
Join us to upskill your knowledge, to move beyond compliance, to learn from what goes right, and to boost your organisations capability to achieve their desired outcomes.
For more information on the events, dates and how to book see our events page.