Complete the following form to receive a call back from Acre to discuss your specific requirements or Marc's day rate and availability. There are no obligations.
Or call Acre on +44 (0)20 7400 5570
Eon Climate & Renewables GmbH
Head of HSSE, Offshore Technologies & Wind Construction
Marc was a key member of the Eon HSE community in his role as HSSE Manager of the Amrumbank West Offshore wind farm project. He worked closely with myself, taking the project from development, construction and commissioning. Our business benefited from Marc’s professionalism, energy and leadership on HSSE, within the project and the wider offshore HSE community. On a personal note, I would like to thank Marc for the support he provided personally to me, often during periods of great change and frustration in our organization, as well as his counsel and extensive knowledge.
Low & Bonar Plc
Group Director HR & Group Director Operations
Marc was engaged in Oct 2015 as Interim Group HSE Director and worked in this capacity for one year. During that time Marc demonstrated high standards of professionalism and engagement. He was able to understand our business and the HSE challenges within it. Approaching the resolution of problems and the leadership of the HSE community in a clear, informed, engaging and professional manner. Marc was always balanced in approach, bringing a deep professional knowledge to bear. He was also able to deal with scale, global diversity and a mix of issues consistently and efficiently.
LM Glasﬁber A/S Denmark
Group Communications Manager
I had the pleasure of working with Marc Anton on the communications work stream, related to a global improvement program. He is a highly qualiﬁed and internationally experienced senior HSE executive with the interpersonal skills necessary for driving and managing change. I have fully enjoyed our many engaging discussions and joint results and warmly recommend Marc to anyone looking for qualiﬁed HSE management support.
LM Glasﬁber A/S Denmark
General Manager - Gaspe facility, Canada
Marc visited my division a number of times, as Interim Global HSE Manager. His broad knowledge of HSE made him a perfect mentor for our division. HSE was a new concept for the company and with his help we made a quantum leap forward to improve our facilities. He was very thorough and his approach was very much about guiding us to improvement. He taught us to become more proactive whilst respecting our values and operating mode. He was understanding yet strict on the end results. Marc achieved a cultural change not only in our division but also throughout the whole group.
Interim Group HSE Director
Low & Bonar PlcOctober 2015 - October 2016
Based from London Head office, reporting jointly to the Global Director of Operations and the CEO. 8 direct reports (Country HSE Managers) plus indirect (local HSE Advisors). As part of the Global Operations team, worked closely with the Group Manufacturing Director and Manufacturing & Site Managers.
• Supporting implementation of HSE Standards, Directives, Policies and Procedures, as well as compliance with all relevant legislation across Low & Bonar companies and JV partners.
• Leading and developing the Group HSE department, ensuring that adequate competent HSE resourcing was available and properly deployed throughout Low & Bonar.
• Reporting on HSE performance at Group and Board level.
• Promoting a culture of HSE best practice, agreeing standards and improvement targets for HSE within Low & Bonar.
• To ensure sound risk management principles and practices were in place, and that targets were set for improvement in risk management across Low & Bonar.
• To evaluate proposals and make recommendations for the purchasing of materials, products and services, and to ensure HSE compliance.
• To support the insurance for property and monitor performance of Insurer requirements.
• To assist with Greenhouse Gas reporting as required by law.
• Support the implementation of ISO 14001 and ISO 50001.
• To draft the Corporate & Social Responsibility section for the company’s annual report.
• Chair monthly Global HSE Committee meetings and run Annual Global HSE Community meeting.
• Support construction as well as commissioning and handover to operations for new manufacturing sites.
Project HSSE Manager - Amrumbank Offshore Wind Farm
Eon Climate & RenewablesJuly 2012 - October 2015
Based from Hamburg Project office, reporting to the Project Manager and Head of HSSE, Offshore Technologies.
• Development, mobilisation, Installation and Commissioning phase.
• Providing a project HSSE management system, complying with German legislation and EC&R standards. (Schutz- und Sicherheitskonzept/HSSE concept, according to BSH requirements and supporting safety procedures.)
• Advising, reviewing and supporting the Project Manager and Package Managers in HSSE related issues for their respective areas of responsibility.
• Support and train project team members in AWG HSSE management system.
• Conducting Contractor evaluations and assessments in accordance with the prequalification and tendering process .
• Managing additional HSSE resources .
• Supporting Package Leads (Foundation, Logistics, Turbine, Electrical, Engineering, Consents & Certification, Procurement & Legal), attending/supporting Design Reviews, and providing input to construction risk assessments.
• Managing incident reporting process to meet project, corporate and legal reporting demands .
• Reporting HSSE Performance based on agreed Key Performance Indicators .
• Providing regular HSSE status reports to Steercom .
• Consulting with contractors on HSSE matters and checking their Risk Assessments & Method statements prior to commencement of work on site. Ensuring Contractors work according to the same.
• Conducting HSE audits at all project locations and at Contractors’ facilities.
• Participating in project meetings, Kick-offs and Safety events across the project.
Interim HSE Manager
Svendborg Brakes A/S (Denmark)November 2008 - December 2009
• Conducted an HSE review of operations in Denmark, Germany and China.
• Co-coordinated corrective action for approximately 1,000 identified issues.
• Delivered an HSE development programme and achieved ISO 18001 accreditation.
• Developed an improved safety culture, utilizing 5S method. Additionally tasked with facilitating a continuous improvement project to reduce customer claims. Reporting jointly to the Head of Sustainability (for Private Equity owner) and Managing Director of Svendborg Brakes.
Interim Global HSE Manager
LM Glasfiber A/S (Denmark) (June 2006 – December 2007)
Assignment remit included responsibility for:
• Re-alignment of global HSE resources to support local reporting to factory management.
• Reporting on progress as part of formal programme management and to the Board on request.
• Sourcing and co-ordination of external expertise for the analysis of specific H&S issues.
• Implementation of a framework for the development of a global HSE management system and controls.
• Facilitation of improvements to the work environment utilizing 5S.
• Providing direction for two direct reports – global environmental co-coordinator and H&S co-coordinator (group management functions) as well as leadership on all HSE issues for all global resources.
• Development and monitoring of key indicators of HSE performance as part of operations reviews.
• Ongoing development of HSE awareness through various communications including information bulletins, newsletter articles, posters and intranet content.
• Investigation and follow up on all HSE related incidents.
• Developed and ran three global HSE workshops (UK, USA and Spain) attended by all HSE resources.
• Member of Quality Task Force visiting plants to provide renewed focus on quality related performance.
Interim Health and Safety Director
Homebuy Group LtdFebruary 2006 - May 2006
Client recognised that current and future growth needed supporting by formal health & safety arrangements. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, my responsibilities included:
• Conducted risk assessments of all company operations.
• Developed group H&S policy and documented safe systems of work.
• Recruited and trained H&S representatives.
• Developed internal communications including a monthly newsletter and information bulletins.
• Mentored two internal candidates to take over the running of the function upon completion of the assignment.
General Certificate2009 - 2016
North Devon Technical College
City & Guilds - Mechanical Engineering1979 - 1983
About Marc Anton
Marc is a professional Interim Manager with extensive experience delivering HSE at strategic, tactical, operational, project and legal compliance levels. This includes HSE management and improvement initiatives within the Private Equity, Manufacturing, Renewables, Energy and Utilities sectors Experience of operating at site, national, group or global responsibility level.
Health & Safety
Skills & Expertise
UK & Worldwide