Conscious Innovation (March 2010 - Present)
Founding partner at Conscious Innovation, a learning platform that puts individuals at the heart of change, and helps them co-design experiences that transform people's world.
Through group residentials (House of Innovation), future thinking conversations around a dinner table (Impact dinners), or regular one-to-one conversations (Thinking Boosters), participants go through rapid prototyping experiences and are supported to bring these prototypes to market or "to teams" within 12 months.
Clients include staff at Worldbank, ActionAid, United Nations, Healthcare organisations, British Council, Social Housing organisations, Clore Social Leadership programme, Climate KIC.
Founder and CEO
Ogunte CIC (June 2001 - Present)
Led a pioneering business support and network organisation focusing on women in social and green ventures (pre-start-up to scale) and their support ecosystem. Supported over 5000 social innovators, managers, entrepreneurs and corporate leaders and their networks through business coaching, impact investment training, leadership development, awards competitions, awards programme management and business development tools.
• GROWING NETWORKS: Developed a network of 6000 individuals and organisations focused on sustainable development and women-led social enterprise. Ogunte is now a reference in support offered to women social entrepreneurs. I advise on networks design and sustainability.
• SENIOR MANAGEMENT: Recruited and managed up to 15 associates in delivering executive coaching, training, facilitation across sectors.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Project managed coaching and leadership programmes, networking events, in Europe and South America, with a focus on sustainable development, and gender. Last to date in collaboration with Womanity Foundation, to run the Womanity Award programme, investing in ICT organisation to prevent violence against women.
• LEADERSHIP & BUSINESS INCUBATION PROGRAMMES: Founded and delivered “Make a Wave,” the 1st Incubator for Women Social Entrepreneurs. Launched in 2011 in London, expanded in Manchester on 2013 an currently serving 75 entrepreneurs. Start-ups have fundraised ca. £1million pound during and shortly after their involvement with the incubator. Current Make a Wave (IV) programme is a global on-line programme, involving women social innovators based in 12 countries.
• SPECIALIST TRAINING AND FACILITATION:
- Activist Angels training. Providing leadership development for senior executives, coaching, technical support and skills for social investing, integrated decision-making, and access to a global social enterprise network.
- Founded and developed the first Women’s Social Leadership Awards in 2006, and managed subsequent international awards for 7 years, highlighting and connecting outstanding global women social leaders. Scaled through social media and networks partnership, the Awards programme has supported a total of 137 finalists, in 23 countries, culminating in an annual event in London.
Collaborations included Zolfo Cooper LLP, Weightwatchers Inc, BT Plc, the RSA, the NHS, Ernst & Young, the Big Society Network, the Impact Hub network, Olswang, Appetite, UN Women, Mandalah Global, Global Action Plan, new economic foundation, UnLtd, Oxford University, Manchester City Council.