Liebfrog Coaching (September 2014 - Present)
Karin is a certified coach and the founder and director of Liebfrog Coaching, providing professional leadership development services for businesses and individuals. She has expert knowledge of the corporate world, gained over 16 years in senior positions in a global 10 FTSE company.
She focusses on consulting and coaching in the sustainability sector with a view to equip professionals with the leadership and influencing skills they need to be effective in their roles.
Some of her recent work includes delivering leadership skills development interventions to drive positive change in a bank and consulting in the charity industry, helping the organisation to upskill their teams to drive quality and effectiveness. She also regularly works with individuals from a wide range of sectors, helping them to advance their professional development and reach their goals.
Karin is also the resident expert on executive and leadership coaching and mentoring at Voice At The Table. Recently, she has focussed on developing and delivering mentoring schemes and trainings for the client base.
Multiple Positions - Detailed Below
British American Tobacco (January 1998 - June 2014)
INTERNATIONAL SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
04/2010 - 06/2014
Responsible for leading British American Tobacco's marketplace conduct sustainability strategy, defining, embedding and promoting best practice and driving alignment across the organisation to protect and enhance the company’s reputation.
• working with the marketing function to develop and sign off on CR/ sustainability aspects in all marketing strategies, new product developments and plans
• redefining and launching BAT’s approach to responsible marketing (BAT’s ‘International Marketing Principles’ released in 2012)
• managing the company’s CR governance process to ensure effective reputation risk monitoring and management
• leading the company's activities in the area of youth smoking prevention and community investment.
REGIONAL HEAD OF COMMUNICATIONS AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
04/2008 - 03/2010
Responsible for the strategic development and implementation of CSR and communications measures in Africa and the Middle East (74 countries)
• developing and implementing CR and communications strategies and plans for Africa and the Middle East in the context of global and regional objectives
• advising and supporting local teams during implementation
• monitoring performance and compliance
• building capacity at local and regional level.
EUROPEAN COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (PROJECT)
04/2007 - 03/2008
Led the change communication workstream in a Europe wide restructuring programme, affecting 10,000 employees in 30 markets, resulting in above market aggregation of capabilities and a 10% reduction in staff numbers.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY MANAGER
01/2005 - 09/2007
Developed and implemented the reputation management and stakeholder engagement programme including CR reporting.
• enhancing BAT’s recognition as a key CR player with a best practice approach to CR
• develop and produce of a world class social report
• embed CR further by enhancing the governance structure and processes
• manage engagement programme and dialogue with a variety of stakeholder groups (e.g. regulators, NGOs, scientific community).
ASSISTANT MANAGER CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
03/2002 - 12/2014
Responsible for internal communication for the organisation (business in more than 180 countries) as well as the plc head quarter in London.
• continuously deliver high quality target group specific communications
• provide strategic internal communications consultancy to various functions and projects
• develop and deliver a group-wide communications training programme.
01/2000 - 03/2002: JUNIOR CORPORATE AND REGULATORY AFFAIRS MANAGER
Responsible for corporate affairs at BAT Germany’s production and R&D site.
01/1998 - 12/1999